Nature's Valley Ratepayers association
Policy: Restrictive Title Conditions, Rezoning
The Nature's Valley Ratepayers Association stand in service of its members and look
after the interests of Nature's Valley.
The Nature's Valley Ratepayers association was established in 1964 to serve as a
body in service of the the ratepayers and look after their interest.
The N.V.R.A. has grown into a streamlined well managed organisation making use of
the vast experience of its committee members and running the association using the
latest business acumen and project management methodologies.
An excellent association has been built up with the Bitou Municipality, SAN parks
and the Nature's Valley Trust, with whom there is a constant striving to make Nature's
Valley a better place for all who live there and to maintain the nature reserve
like environment for which Nature's Valley has become famous.
The portfolios are as follows:
- Chair: Jeanner Biesenbach.
- Vice chair persons: James Martin en Doug Blaine
- Treasury: Abrie du Toit
These four people are responsible for the day to day running of the NVRA as well
as taking decisions between meetings.
- Administration and canvassing: Jeanne Biesenbach
- Built environment: (Building regulations, plan recommendations, notice boards,
zoning and sub-divisions.) Jeanne Biesenbach, Stef Naude, Marina Niven, Di Woode,
Jan Strydom (co-opted, Bertie van Zyl (co-opted)
- External communication: Bitou Residents Affiliation, Covie, Tsitsikama Forum)
Ina Brand, Marina Niven, Engela Muller, James Martin.
- Infrastructure: (Water, electricity, roads, sewerage, waste management) Doug
Blaine, Juan le Roex, Roe Venter, Johan Grobbelaar,Nico Loretz (co-opted), Geoff
MCIlleron (co-opted) Frans Kapp (co-opted).
Contractual National Park
- Management committee: James Martin, Chairman for the NVRA, Bitou representative,
SAN Parks representative. Environment (Liaison with the NVTrust, Open Spaces Committee,
Estuary Committee) Michael Perlman, James Martin, Engela Muller.
- Safety and Security: (Liaison with Police, Security companies and trafic department)
Peter Harpur, Antoinette Pieterse
- Grootriver pass: Juan le Roex, Ina Brand
- Rates and Taxes: Gordon Paterson
- Tourism: Ina Brand, Antoinette Pieterse
The following is the list of the NVRA committee and co-opted members for 2011
Chairman : Jeanne Biesenbach
Deputy Chairmen : James Martin; Doug Blaine
Juan le Roex
Anton van Wyk
Infrastructure : Riaan Breedt, Ted Grobicki
Sewerage : Geoff McIlleron, Frans Kapp, Ted Grobicki
Built Environment : Robert Kleyn, Jan Strydom
Administration : Maaike Murphy (data base)
Environment : Danie Muller (DAFF permits)